Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Pakistani Guy

Though I don't really believe in patriotism and shit, I am a born Indian. This happened  in the trip to US, -  I was kind of confused about the NewYork Subway, and decided that I will somehow figure it out. As I put my face into the map and start my search,wishing that I had a Control+F button , I find this old man staring at me. Well, with his wide grin and equally wide smile popping out, he can't be mistaken for anything other than a desi guy.So, I went ahead and asked this guy  about the route, being lazy to search. Well, this guy seemed pretty nice,  gave me an unopened Fanta can - couldn't refuse as I was freaking thirsty-but still for the sake of it refused and finally even  offered to pay. For the next half an hour, he comes with him ,leaving his work and helping me all the way-He even swiped his entry pass for him - at that time,it didnt sound illegal for me -but later wondered what if the cop had caught me- as we did this right in front of him....but anyways he didn't..... He offers me one suggestion which I find a little odd - When in doubt of the route,ask ladies/girls and not men. Finding a disagreeing look on my  face for his weird logic, he proceeds to ask a street vendor(a male) to which he didn't answer.Then, he asked a lady standing near by and she readily helped and what more- this street vendor joins her then in resonating the route...Well, the fanda sounded wierd  but couldn't help thinking about it......

Thank you old man!!!!You rock.

No comments: